Hive-box parts made from solid untreated ‘Premium’ grade wood (clearwood), 21mm Thick, which may have small imperfections which may require minor sanding.
The wood is sourced from renewable pine, available as a kitset (plain) for those DIY enthusiasts. Each Kitset (unassembled) has 4 pieces and does not include fastenings/nails/screws.
Hive-box kitsets come in two sizes;
- Full Depth or
- 3/4 Sized depth.
The dimensions of the assembled product are standard dimensions of the NZ Langstroth Hive box;
- Full Depth = L 510mm x W 410mm x H 240mm
- 3/4 = L 510 x W 410 x H 186mm
Each holds 10 Hoffman frames of the matching depth – not included.
Variations of hive set up can include;
- 3/4 – using all 3/4 boxes – x7 for a full season
- Full Depth – using all Full Depth boxes x4 – for a full season
- or combination of 2x Full Depth for Brood + x4 of 3/4 boxes for honey
Photo represents the finished product, this product is a kitset.
*** Please Note this box is a kitset and does not contain frames / fasteners / glue are not inlcuded ***