Have you got your Beehive through Winter and want to know about the best way to keep your Bees alive and healthy ?
or did your colony die ?
and do you want to learn what pests kiwi Honey Bees face and tricks on how to deal with them ?
We get heaps of questions from beginner Beekeepers – maybe they are asking the same questions as you ?
Questions we get about dying honey bee colonies ?
…I don’t want to lose my Bees and need some advice on how to stop my bees from dying ?
….my Bees died…why and what can I do to avoid this happening again ?
… I didn’t see any problems !
….what do I need to look out for ?
…what is varroa ?
This ‘how to’ 5 hour Beekeeping Course is based in West Auckland, New Zealand. Please join the waitlist if this is Out of Stock, once we have enough students we will schedule dates for the next course.
where do I start ? …start with this course
This simple and informative course covers threats and Pests harming New Zealand’s Honey Bees. The course will offer some Beehive Management tips and will cover a recommended Integrated Pest Management program. You will hear about equipment and methods used. You will have the opportunity to look inside a fully-working Beehive where you can see and identify what is not normal. Suitable for new beekeepers or beginners with Bees. The course is run from our Apiary where we will have class time then move out into the apiary to have a look inside a fully-working Beehive.
Benefits of taking a kiwimana Beekeeping Course ?
6 students per course – more exclusive – with low student numbers – more attention for you
Beekeeping Course Breakdown
This one day course runs for 5 hours. It comprises of three sessions as detailed below.
First Session no Bees – classroom
- Seasons and what impact do they have on my Honey Bees ?
- Bee Activities
- Beekeeper Activities + Beekeeper Hygiene
- Inspection Methods
- What pests / threats do kiwi honey Bees face ?
Second Session no Bees – classroom
- Introducing the Equipment recommended for an IPM program
- What pests / threats do kiwi honey Bees face ?
- How to deal with the worst threat to the Honey Bee
- Learn how to identify the threats / pests.
Third Session Apiary
- What is the best Set Up for a Beehive ?
- Lighting a smoker
- Inspect a fully-working Beehive Honey Bee colony.
Book Now !!
Current Start Dates of Courses
To be advised once booking/payment is confirmed – located in Waitakere Township, West Auckland.
Waitakere RD 2
Contact details for Margaret :
Mobile 0211 752 137
or landline (09) 810 9965 please leave voice message
Please arrive on time to take full advantage of Beekeeping course content.
You will be automatically booked into the course you choose – once payment has been received.
Thanks for choosing kiwimana to share your Beekeeping Adventures with.
See you there 🙂
…join the kiwimana buzz… Get out FREE Newsletter HERE
Goal of the Organic Varroa Managment – Integrated Pest Management Course
The overall goal of this course is to help you manage your Beehive in a way that means your Bees will survive by using several methods to form an Integrated Pest Management Program and Plan and the equipment which will help. Examples of organic treatment for Varroa shown. Learning to identify threats / pests or issues in your Beehive. Learn about the signs of a failing Beehive.
By using understanding of Bee Behaviour and how to use that in your beekeeping. Identifying what you are seeing in your hive – learning the difference between healthy Bees versus sick bees.
Other Courses we run
- Introduction to the World of Beekeeping – click HERE for further information
- Intro to Beehive Management for Beeginuzz - click HERE for further information
- Seasonal Beehive Space Management - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter - click HERE for further information
- Organic Varroa Management - Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM) - click HERE for further information
- Beehive Management - Splits Swarms - click HERE for further information
- Beehive Management - Honey Extraction - click HERE for further information/span>
- Flexi Classes - Mixed Content - Your Choice - click HERE for further information
These courses will help you in gaining some basic knowledge from looking at a Beehive to gaining understanding as to what is IN a Beehive, then increase your knowledge on to, How to manage a Beehive.
Best times for Bee Courses = anytimeIn Bee Season 2019 Kiwimana will run courses regularly. Options include
- Weekdays - Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Weekends - Saturdays and Sundays
Benefits of taking a kiwimana Beekeeping Course?
- We have over 10 years of beekeeping experience
- We run our Beehives organically
- 6 students per course - more exclusive - with low student numbers - more attention for you
- We are experienced in dealing with The Varroa Destructor Mite organically
- We are hobbyist beekeepers
- All methods and tools are used by us in our day-to-day management of our Beehives
Due to the extensive subject matter in beekeeping, kiwimana present our tried and true beehive management methods, using the simplest and easy to apply methods for beginners so you can gain awareness to help you keep your beehive colony alive.
It’s important to note, that as with any new learning, your skills will grow as your experience grows.
These courses are specific to managing a Honey Bee Colony/Beehive using organic or natural beekeeping techniques and specifically designed for the hobbyist beginner beekeeper.
These courses certainly are not the BEE all and END all of learning in beekeeping and its important to note that you will not be able to learn everything in one or two seasons but by taking these courses it will help create awareness of the most important issues and the key tasks you need to know. From this starting point you can develop your skills further.