Have you got your Beehive through Winter and want to know about the best way to split your colony ?
or do you want to avoid your hive from swarming ?
This ‘how to’ 5 hour Beekeeping Course is based in West Auckland, New Zealand. Please join the waitlist if this is Out of Stock, once we have enough students we will schedule dates for the next course.
where do I start ? …start with this course
This simple and informative Beehive Splitting course will give you a great method on how to split your beehive colony without causing harm and will give you knowledge on how to grow your surviving genetics. Suitable for new beekeepers or beginners with Bees. The course is run from our Apiary. Starting in the classroom then to Apiary to split a fully-working Beehive.
Benefits of taking a kiwimana Beekeeping Course ?
6 students per course – more exclusive – with low student numbers – more attention for you
Beekeeping Course Breakdown
This one day course runs for 5 hours. It comprises of three sessions as detailed below.
First Session no Bees – classroom
- Seasons + Spring + Bee Activities
- Beekeeper Activities
- Inspection Methods
- What are the Risks with Splitting ? Health, Disease and Beekeeper Hygiene?
Second Session no Bees – classroom
- Beekeeping Equipment – how and why
- What are the Risks once split ?
Third Session – Visit the Apiary
- Lighting a smoker
- Split a fully-working Beehive Honey Bee colony.
Book Now !!
Current Start Dates of Courses
To be advised once booking/payment is confirmed – located in Waitakere Township, West Auckland.
Waitakere RD 2
Contact details for Margaret :
Mobile 0211 752 137
or landline (09) 810 9965 please leave voice message
Please arrive on time to take full advantage of Beekeeping course content.
You will be automatically booked into the course you choose – once payment has been received.
Thanks for choosing kiwimana to share your Beekeeping Adventures with.
See you there 🙂
…join the kiwimana buzz… Free Newsletter https://www.kiwimana.co.nz/signup/
Goal of the Introduction to Beehive Management – Splits Swarms
The overall goal of this simple Split course is for you to gain understanding which will help you manage your Beehive with purpose. Classroom learning with demonstration of splitting to see some methodology and reasons behind our split method. By using understanding of Bee Behaviour and how to use that in your beekeeping. Learning what is needed for a successful split.
Other Courses we run
- Introduction to the World of Beekeeping – click HERE for further information
- Intro to Beehive Management for Beeginuzz - click HERE for further information
- Seasonal Beehive Space Management - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter - click HERE for further information
- Organic Varroa Management - Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM) - click HERE for further information
- Beehive Management - Splits Swarms - click HERE for further information
- Beehive Management - Honey Extraction - click HERE for further information/span>
- Flexi Classes - Mixed Content - Your Choice - click HERE for further information
These courses will help you in gaining some basic knowledge from looking at a Beehive to gaining understanding as to what is IN a Beehive, then increase your knowledge on to, How to manage a Beehive.
Best times for Bee Courses = anytimeIn Bee Season 2019 Kiwimana will run courses regularly. Options include
- Weekdays - Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Weekends - Saturdays and Sundays
Benefits of taking a kiwimana Beekeeping Course?
- We have over 10 years of beekeeping experience
- We run our Beehives organically
- 6 students per course - more exclusive - with low student numbers - more attention for you
- We are experienced in dealing with The Varroa Destructor Mite organically
- We are hobbyist beekeepers
- All methods and tools are used by us in our day-to-day management of our Beehives
Due to the extensive subject matter in beekeeping, kiwimana present our tried and true beehive management methods, using the simplest and easy to apply methods for beginners so you can gain awareness to help you keep your beehive colony alive.
It’s important to note, that as with any new learning, your skills will grow as your experience grows.
These courses are specific to managing a Honey Bee Colony/Beehive using organic or natural beekeeping techniques and specifically designed for the hobbyist beginner beekeeper.
These courses certainly are not the BEE all and END all of learning in beekeeping and its important to note that you will not be able to learn everything in one or two seasons but by taking these courses it will help create awareness of the most important issues and the key tasks you need to know. From this starting point you can develop your skills further.