This week we are talking to Simon Mulvany from Save the Bees in Australia. This is Episode One Hundred and two of our beekeeping podcast.
This week we would like to thank Graeme
They have been supporting the kiwimana buzz on Patreon for over 19 months
Thanks for your support!!!
If you also value what we do, please consider supporting us on http://kiwi.bz/banana
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Welcome To the kiwimana buzz…
Hi, it’s Gary and Margaret here, We are beekeepers from the hills of the Waitakere Ranges in West Auckland, New Zealand. Our podcast is about beekeeping, Gardening and bit of politics about environmental issues. We also have been known to go off on tangents about other issues.
This interview was recorded in January 2017.
Simon is an Outspoken Beekeeper and consumer advocate from Melbourne in Australia. Through his work on his Save The Bees website he has created a Honey Map for Australians. He is being sued for injurious falsehood and defamation by Capilano Honey Limited. We discuss this and more in the weeks interview.
Here is what you will discover
- Who are Capilano Honey
- Why Simon Feels Labeling Laws in Australia are not working
- What’s happening with Chinese Honey imports in Australia
- Are bee dieases being planted by other beekeepers?
- Why Simon thinks Imported Honey is so bad for Australian Bees and Beekeepers
- What is Simons advice on covering stories like this
Resources mentioned in the show
- Comvita signs deal with Capilano
- Great article from Kangaroo Court of Australia about the Simons Case HERE
- Do Capilano beekeepers use antibiotics? Find out HERE
- Simon’s Local Honey Map
Simon’s Save The Bees Facebook page is HERE
- Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids in Honey Article:- Australian honey could be making us sick