Ashlee Robison is a Senior Chemistry Major studying at Fort Lewis College in Colorado. She is doing research into Thymol use in controlling Varroa Mites. She is doing this research as part of the American Chemical Society’s 2014 Chemistry Champions Contest.
This is Episode fifty five of our beekeeping podcast. You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Video explaining Ashlee’s study:-
Ashlees local newspaper also did an article about her research, you will find this article HERE
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why the existing methods of using Thymol are not efficient
- What is the biggest parasite of the Honey Bees in North America
- How do you attach a Thymol Molecule to a sugar Molecule.
- How to feed Thymol to Bees
- Nectar is a Glucose and Fructose Molecule connected together
- Field trials are going to start next Spring in North America
- Is it worth planting Thyme plants near your Bee hives