This is Episode One hundred and forty Nine of our beekeeping show – Q & A – Wax Moths and Swarm Prevention
In this show we answer questions about Climate Change, Wax moths and Swarm Preventing and find that elusive Queen
We are Gary and Margaret, We are kiwimana.
kiwimana are beekeepers who keep bees on the Wild West Coast of Auckland in New Zealand. We love to teach about beekeeping. We sell beekeeping supplies and share information to help you keep honey bees organically.
Every new subscriber that joins our free beekeeping newsletter is asked “What’s Your biggest Beekeeping problem”.
In this show we endeavour to answer some of your burning questions.
Thanks for joining us today, we appreciate that you have taken time to listen.
This show was made with the Help of our supporters.
This Months Questions
Climate change affecting flowering times and amount of nectar available (drought)Benedict Hughes
Wax moths in one of 7 hives total take over. I believe my bee left first!Joseph LeMaster
How do I prevent my bees from Swarming?David
Link: How to split a Hive
Finding the Queen
Finding the Queen in so many bees and making splitsDenny
Want to be part of the next show?
Well that is our ideas. We hope you enjoyed this Q & A Show. Will be back in a couple of weeks with a new show for you. If you can add to the conversation as well, please comment below.
Have a question, hit that Tell Us Button.
End of the Show
Who helped us in bringing this show to you?
This week we would like to thanks:-
Nathan Buzzinga Beekeeping From Buzzinga Beekeeping, Trish Stretton, Greg Parr from Parrs Products, Christopher Brown, Sana Wynne-Lewis and Lisa Morrissey
- Climate Change 00:02:08
- Wax moths 00:05:22
- Swarm prevention 00:08:20
- Finding the Queen 00:12:25
- End of Show Ramble 00:17:58
- Who helped us in bringing this show to you? 00:18:33
- Early Riser by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Attribution 3.0 International License. Based on a work at incompetech.com
- Hard Rock by furbyguy via FreeSound.org
- Guitar chord rhythm 2 by Kaponja via FreeSound.org Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- blues.loop03 by dobroide via via FreeSound.org Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- Slow Burn Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- blues lick in A #2 BY Sub-d Licensed under Creative Commons (0)