Post Updated on
Hi this is Episode Seventy three of our beekeeping podcast, This week we are talking to Lauren Hoffman and Aaron Jennings from Ruston in Louisiana.
This executive producers for this months show are Lauren Hoffman and Aaron Jennings from Jennings Apiaries
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
You can read more about Ruston, Louisana HERE
Aaron and Lauren’s web is located here:-
Aaron and Lauren are treatment free beekeepers from Ruston in Louisana and as well as selling natural products from the hives, They also run the ‘Bees and Such podcast’.
Things you will learn:-
- Why Treatment free Beeswax is such an important part of their Products.
- How Lauren fell in love with Aaron and his Bees.
- Why they use Top Bar Hives for all their wax production
- Who are Aaron’s Biggest Beekeeping influencers
- Why having a full beard helps you in beekeeping.
- Why its critical to support local vendors in the food industry.
- Why going to farmers markets every week is so important for beekeepers selling honey.
- Ventilated beekeeper suits are great, the ones we sell are HERE
- Whats the third most painful place to be stung and why naked beekeeping isn’t a great idea.
- Always wear pants with a zipper
- Follow Aaron and Lauren’s instagram Page HERE
- Aaron’s interview with Michael Bush can be found HERE
- Our Interview on the “Bees and Such Podcast”, can be found HERE
Jennings Apiaries from K8 Productions
Lauren and Aaron’s Favorite Books
Top-Bar Beekeeping: Organic Practices for Honeybee Health
by Les Crowder (Author), You can buy the Book HERE.
Putting It Up With Honey: A Natural Foods Canning and Preserving Cookbook
by Susann Geiskopf-Hadler (Author), Linda Cleaver (Illustrator)